In 2007, Encouraging the World originated in the mind of its founder during a mountain hike in Cyprus. Since its conception, Encouraging the World (ETW) has worked in orphanages, juvenile homes, schools, and churches throughout the world.
ETW began in Bethlehem working with the Al-Harah Theater Group and Contacting the World. ETW choreographed and co-directed Facehook?!, currently touring the Middle East and Europe. This work aims to communicate the lives and struggles of Arab youth through music, dance, and drama.
ETW has launched several projects in the Philippines to serve orphan and juvenile communities, recruiting 50 volunteers from Thailand, Baltimore, Holland, and the Philippines. These projects included tree plantings, clothing drives, hosting a “Nutrition Month” for an elementary school, and feeding an indigenous community of 600 children and families.
In 2013, ETW was incorporated in Baltimore, Maryland and founded with a vision to offer youth volunteer community revitalization projects, awareness of global competence, international excursions, mentoring, youth leadership and conflict resolution programming.In 2014, ETW Baltimore Youth served The Children's Light Ministries Orphanage and facilitated programming to support the build their home extension, hosted a youth sexual education workshop, and taught English to children 5 - 18 years old. ETW Baltimore Youth were empowered by facilitating and sharpening their leadership skills.
Encouraging the World was presented with:
2013 BMe Leadership Award
2014 Ambassador of Peace by the Universal Peace Federation
ETW Youth Board
- ETWYB consist of 8-10 youth. Supports ETW with decision making, youth engagement, and programming.
ETW International Service Program
- ETW Youth Ambassadors engage in local community and youth development programming for 1 year.
- ETWYA travel abroad for a 2-week international service enrichment excursion, facilitating youth -led activities for parent-less children and receive leadership training.
- Safe space where youth and community can discuss, create, and form relationships. Produce media, art, speeches, and performance art related works about their lives. Monthly community chosen chats about social, economic, race, arts...
1. ETW Youth Board - To empower a selected group of youth to provide pathways for their peers to engage in positive relationships and opportunities.
2. ETW International Service Program - To expand and provide the ambassadors with a heighten awareness of global affairs and international economies by traveling.
3. ETW Time - To provide a safe space where youth and community can discuss, create, and form relationships. Produce media, art, speeches, and performance art related works about their lives.
Encouraging The World is a program of Fusion Partnerships, Inc..